Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sally Way Out West

To the Gang of 68: Wow! The reunion was all I hoped for and more. To see so many familiar faces and realize what a great class we had was so much fun. I can't thank Pat Dezi, Judi Meese, Rosann Faiola, Cliff Cayer and Lou and Phil for all the hard work that went into making that a success. The food was great, the gifts were great, but most of all the Class of 68 was great. I am so proud to have been a part of a group of people that accomplished so much. And do you believe we all talked for 8 hours straight? When I got there I was scared to death thinking I was too this or too that and all that foolishness fell away as soon as I saw all those faces that were near and dear to me. You all looked 18 again to me and were as fun as I remembered you way back when. My buds, Gretchen S(I haven't laughed so hard in years) Marsha N (a mile wide smile as usual) and Lisa D (email me and come to New Mexico to see me-I still want to talk to you about the flower stuff.) Sweet, sweet Cheryl Griffin always with a kind word, Chuckie Searle we just wanted to be your "posse" all over again, Nancy Matascik "you go girl!" Jeannie Bonafonte no wonder you were homecoming queen, Bruce Kraskowsky thanks for the words of encouragement and take good care of Nancy. Steve Carey a surprise kiss on the cheek,and a generous compliment- I wish we could have talked more. Vicky Micklos, keep the faith and email me, I have been on that road you are traveling. Bob Piorkowski, you may have been quiet in PHS, but it was our loss, I wish I had known you better. Kathy Samek, smart and beautiful, we needed talk time. Lou Z, what a woodworker! Keep it going. Patti Dezi, I wish I had known you better in high school. I owe you a great tour someday. Everyone, next reunion lets make more time to catch up. Keep in touch and when we do this again in 5 years, how about making it a destination reunion? Jackson Hole, Santa Fe, Yellowstone, Glacier, Phoenix, Tucson, Colorado Springs anyone? Let's get some ideas going. Fond Memories of the Class of 68 "The Spirit is What We've Got!" Sally (Hornkohl) Bell

2 comments:

Patti Dezi said...

Sally,
I am ready to go anywhere anytime as long as someone else makes the plans, so count me in. I know we are all looking forward to doing it again for the 45th. I don't think anyone thought we all would have had as good a time as we all did. 8 hours just wasn't enough time. It was just wonderful for so many to come so far, our class is certainly unique, we showed that we still care about each other and will continue to do so. Many thanks to you all for a fabulous time, the class of 68 made it happen again.

Cliff Cayer said...

Sally,

We did chat for a bit but not enough. My heartiest thanks for making the long trip and (more importantly) making this an extraordinary event.

Cliff