Sunday, July 6, 2008

DO PATTI & CO. KNOW HOW TO THROW A PARTY, OR WHAT?

I didn't think that anything would keep me from attending the reunion. But as John Lennon said: "life is what happens while you're making other plans". My family has suffered a terrible loss and I was where I needed to be. Patti called me today and gave me a sneak peek of her photos. Hey, when did you guys get so old? (wink, wink) I thought I was the only one. Actually all of you look so well preserved, I'm feeling a little insecure. It has been a true joy to help with this blog and I hope to keep it going until the next real life meeting, and the next, and the next...... Please share your photos and news, whether you were at the reunion or not. One thing I learned this past week, for the umpteenth time, is that life is indeed shorter than any of us thinks and you need all the friends and family you can muster, to enjoy the good times and survive the bad. So I'm inviting you to continue this uncertain journey together through these pages.
Some things to look for: .......a photo essay of the reunion ........an email directory coming soon to your email box of choice(you must share your address to be on the receiving end of this mailing) .........news of smaller gatherings planned every so often in different locations

3 comments:

Cliff Cayer said...

Ro,

We are all so sorry that you had to endure the loss of a loved one, and couldn't join us. Rest assured, your efforts to keep this class alive have not gone unnoticed as EVERYONE had a great time - even us introverts.

Cliff

Judi Maglio Meese said...

Ro,

Your family will always come first and that's expected but you family of friends missed you throughout the day, I heard your name mentioned from 1 pm (before we officially opened) until we turn the lights out at 10:30pm. Everyone's thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved one during this time of sorrow. I hope Jim is doing better and on the road to recovery.

Thanks for the great work on this blog it's a connection nobody wants to give up.

Judi

Sally Hornkohl said...

Rosanne:
I was so sorry to hear about your family loss. I too had a cousin that was allergic to bee stings. Life is precious. I missed meeting you at the reunion. If it wasn't for this blog, we may all have backed out. Thanks to all of you it was better than we imagined.And yes we all got older, but those near and dear still feel 18 when you meet them again.

Sally Hornkohl Bell