Sunday, July 6, 2008

Best Reunion Ever????????

After reading everyones' comments, I have come to the conclusion that either we had the greatest reunion in the history of high school reunions or,............we really need to get out more! (Personally I'm sticking with the first choice, although , for me the second is probobly also quite accurate.) In any event..... Our lives have certainly gone in many varied directions. Some have literally been around the world, (amazing). Others have happily lived close to home. We have earned our 'smile' lines and (OK wrinkles), worn out our joints, may be hard to recognize ( sorry Gary), but come on it's been 40 years, but the truly important things have not changed. We still have this underlying lifelong connection. I felt a sense of peaceful friendship. It was amazingly easy to talk to and reconnect with good friends from a very different time and place in our lives. As I go forward on this adventure of life, I look forward to keeping in touch with rekindled friendships. Jean I'll call you next week. I still can't believe we live within walking distance ( well if we were ambitious). Personally I hope we don't wait 5 years to get together in some way. Christmas party?? Meet for drinks??? I'm up for most anything. After all we have definately established the fact that we are a casual (and fun) bunch!! Take care, and enjoy the special moments in each day. Lisa (Dowling) salamon

2 comments:

Cliff Cayer said...

Lisa,

Thanks for making this event as special as it was. For us "behind the scenes" folks, this was a quite a gathering of friends who, despite the years apart, are forever closer.

Cliff

Sally Hornkohl said...

Lisa:

You looked as beautiful as ever. We need a reunion that lasts about 3 days or so somewhere fun. Then the gang can share accomodations and get caught up. I didn't get near enough time to talk to you. Come to New Mexico! Just not in July, I am in Kanab, Utah right now and am hot! I will send you an email when I get back.
Sally Hornkohl Bell