Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reunion Invitations are here along with my memories

All the email invitations have been sent, if you have not received your email invitation please let me know. I will be sending invitations in the mail to those that do not have email. We hope everyone will attend or at least consider attending. Spread the word. The years have passed but the memories and friendships live on. Now is the time to renew those friendship that somehow were left behind. I have been fortunate in that I have already made new friends from our class that I will continue to stay in touch with after the reunion. My high school friends have always been an important part of my life, especially when I moved to Long Island in 1970, divorced in 1972, deciding to stay on Long Island, partied until 1975 when I met and married my husband Dave. I often say I remember my high school boyfriends better than I remember that 2 year rebound marriage. As fate would have it, I would not have come to NY if I didn't marry, so no regrets. Barbara Szczepanik, Judi Maglio, Pam Sutak, and Linda Sylvia have shared in the many different stages of my life away from New Britain. I had lost contact with Nancy Lamb until our 10th reunion, and our friendship really renewed itself after the 25th. I am hoping after the 40th I will have renewed many more. If it were not for my New Britain friends and Frank Cuomo this reunion would not be happening. I have begged them to please get one started, finally working together we have accomplished it. As Pam and I began the task of finding everyone I have had the pleasure of speaking with many of you. So many asking what took so long to get a reunion started. So here we are ready to have that long awaited party, please make it successful by attending. My gift of gab has really paid off in organizing the master list. Where it has gotten me in trouble in the past, this time it has proven to be a great advantage. I have had help from Marilyn Bindas, Cliff Cayer, Bruce Kraczkowsky, Phil Bruzas who has a memory like no other, Claire Calcinari, Scott Gerber, Art Tiede, and Lisa Dowling in finding classmates, without their help we would have more than 69 left to be found. Our goal is NO CLASSMATE left behind so we will continue our search. I have read that some of you would like to get in touch with others, I will be happy to contact each of you to give out the others email address with your permission, so please I mean it when I say email me anytime with anything. I thank you all for being so kind to me when I called (especially those that said Of course I remember you), the best was when one male classmate said Goodbye DEZ see you in June. My high school days came flooding back with that one line, I have not been called Dez in I guess 40 years.

1 comment:

Sally Hornkohl said...

Dez

As a tour planner myself, I appreciate all the WORK that goes into planning something like this. Thanks for being willing to put up with the hassle and doing what you all have done. Now it is up to all of us to make it happen by coming to the reunion. Lets go class of 68.

Sally Hornkohl Bell