Monday, March 3, 2008

REACHING OUT

With great sorrow we report that one of our classmates, Sandra Sobolewski Skarzynski, is confined to a nursing facility in Windsor. She has suffered from MS for several years now. Although Sandy is now tube fed and incapable of speech, she is still aware of her surroundings and cognizant of any attempt to communicate with her. As often happens in life, we lost track of one another but during our high school years Sandy was an important and beloved person in our lives. I invite you to post any memory you may have of her, encourage you to send her a card, or, if so inclined, pray for her. Thanks for your support.

Sharon (Rosiek) Ruetenik and Scott Gerber

Cards may be sent to: Sandra Skarzynski, Kimberly Hall South, 1 Emerson Drive, Windsor, CT 06095

1 comment:

Bruce said...

When I initially read about Sandy I was so taken back I couldn't deal with leaving a message. My timeframe with Sandy goes back to sixth grade, I moved from Smalley School to Israel Putnum. Sandy was living almost next door to the school on Beech Street. She made me feel welcome. We moved on to Washington and then to Pulaski. Sandy was always what she was at face value; a big smile, a warm heart, a real friend. To have her stricken down like this is truly one of lifes injustices. My prayers are with her. Thanks to Sharon and Scott for bringing this to our attention.
Bruce