Monday, March 10, 2008

OUR ROOTS GO DEEP

It seems that the Girls of '68 are starting to speak up. If you read the comments under Sally's, Karen's, and Scott & Sharon's post, you'll be reminded that some of our ties to each other go all the way to childhood. In my life, I knew Robby Shettle , Barbara Vallario, Karen Percival, Suzanne Corr, Ross Spooner, Bruce Hoffman, Ken Valentine, Gail Caliando, Karen Nelson, Kevin McCall, Martin Johnson, Donna Byett, Nancy Matascik, Debbie Tremont, and probably quite a few more I can't recall at this moment, long before high school. Some were casual aquaintances, some were close friends throughout my school life and some beyond. Chris Mucha was my Maid of Honor. Through my chats with Pat Dezi, I have gained the knowledge that some alums are married to each other, or into each others' families. This 40 year mark is having some unusual effects on the people in my family. First, there's me. Now let's face it folks, I wasn't the most outgoing, smiley, school spirit, kinda girl and here I am helping Pat Dezi and others bring us all back together. I think I left "a smile" in the class will. Strange days! Even my husband, James, had a ghost from the past reach out to find him this weekend. Gotta love those old girlfriends, NOT. Now lets hear some more stories from both the girls of '68 and the boys of '68! Ro-Imnosmileyface-Faiola-Reeder

No comments: