Monday, January 5, 2009

A great gift

Thanks to Lou Z, I was able to present my son with a pasta board for Christmas. Perry had wanted the one I have that belonged to my Mom. Since I was not ready to part with it I asked Lou if it was something he would attempt to make for me. Not only did it turned out to be more than we expected Lou was also able to burn Perry's name on the back of the board as a remembrance. I know my son will have this special gift for a long time. He has already used it and has been quite happy with the results. Who would think that 40 years later a classmate would be making a pasta board for another classmate. Anyone who did not attend the reunion may not be aware of the many talents that Lou has with wood. Please be sure to check out his website if you are interested, or do as I did, just ask if he can make a special order and I am sure you will be happy with the results. http://www.turnzwood2.com/ Thanks again Lou for helping me to find a gift that my son really wanted. Next up, an extra long rolling pin to go with the board.
Happy New Year Everyone.
Pat Dezi Altadonna

No comments: