Tuesday, February 19, 2008

THERE ARE PLACES I REMEMBER.....ALL MY LIFE

This is the first line of one of my favorite Beatles songs and I can't get the words out of my mind as I start a rather long post with pictures. Pat sent me some very emotionally powerful photos. I encourage all of you to either comment or find your own photos to share with the people who were there in your life through the 60's.

In Memory of
Lance Corporal Richard Raymond Stolarun
Let us not forget Lance Corporal Richard Raymond Stolarun, casualty of the Vietnam War. As a member of the Marine Corps, LCPL Stolarun served our country until October 12th, 1969 in Quang, South Vietnam. He was 19 years old and was not married. Richard died from an undetermined explosion. His body was recovered. Richard was born on July 22nd, 1950 in New Britain, Connecticut.
LCPL Stolarun is on panel 17W, line 071 of the VietnamMemorial Wall in Washington D.C. He served our country for one year.


"All these places have their moments of lovers and friends I still can recall....Some are dead and some are living
And I know I'll never lose affection For people and things that went before
Pictures of the VietNam War Memorial Wall and Corbin Heights, courtesy of Pat Dezi. All of the other pictures of our classmates, who will remain ever young, scanned from the 1968 Titan. Memorial to Rich Stolarun courtesy of Cliff Cayer and the Tanaya web site. Please feel free to add comments, memories, or pictures of your own. -Ro Faiola Reeder It should be noted that when I was able to find obituaries for the classmates, pictured above, I linked the obituary to the photo. If you click on Mike Jendrzeczyk, Art Therrien, Tony Dawkins, Tom Thorell, Joe Sirko, and Henry Loveland, you can view their obits. If you have access to others, please let me know and I will link them, as well.


I Know I'll often stop and think about them...... -The Beatles-

So many of us grew up in the Corbin Heights Projects. Seeing my home all boarded up was certainly a shock. . Such wonderful memories of life in the projects, this is one picture I will put aside. I am sure we all look better than they do now......Patti Dezi
picture taken September 2007

1 comment:

Judi (Bonzak) Reynolds said...

WOW, seeing the boarded up buildings was sobering. I lived in Malikowski, we were a military family and that is where they put us, but I remember it as a small community in itself that helped me immensely when my mother died. Seeing Charlene's year book pic brought back happier memories of her, thank you. Thank you Pat and Ro for bringing back so many memories.