Sunday, September 7, 2008

And the mini reunions continue

Who would have thought that I would have found 2 drinking buddies at the VFW in New Britain on Sept 6th, 2008. Ok you can all stop laughing now. How nice it was to spend some time with and have a drink with Chuck and Randy, two classmates that I have known since Thomas Jefferson Elementary School. I was fortunate to spend time with them and some other New Britain friends while Judi and I attended the 10th Annual Club Reunion. My good friend Bobby Ruel came in from California, he was an ADS member. How could I not drive in from NY even with hurricane Hanna following me when he came all that way. My brother Jim who lives in Florida along with Judi's brother Jimmy Maglio who lives in California were both members of the Earls. Judi and I wanted to attend since our brothers could not. Today our clubs would have been known as gangs, however I remember good clean fun (well not always clean) and trying to raising enough money to hold dances so we could spend a week in the summer at the beach. Storm Hanna wasn't going to keep Judi and I away, however Judi had to leave before I was able to gather up these guys for the picture. Although we may look in the mirror and see that we have aged, the guys at this reunion didn't show any signs of slowing down. Some of us continued on until closing at the Amber Club. I was in more bars this weekend than I have been in since I moved to Long Island in 1971. I will admit I had a great time. When I left that last bar I thought for a moment my 1968 rust colored Javelin would be sitting outside waiting for me, then the rain and wind from Hanna covered my face and I remembered it was 2008, not 1968

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice to see more "mini" reunions. I remember those club dances Pat, they were a lot of fun. Keep the photos coming, and the good times rolling.
Lisa