Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More Memories from a Classmate

Let me say first and foremost, thank you to the 40th Reunion Committee for all the long hours and tireless work to make our reunion memorable. I think I can speak for all of us who are interested that we are so happy you started this whole process, and we are eternally grateful for all you're doing! I want to add a few memories of my own about Rich Stolarun. We sat togther in 9th grade (at good ole Washington Jr. High) in French & Algebra. We had such a nice friendshp and connection, we eventually referred to each other as "brother and sister". I found him to be a quietly funny and warm young guy, with a terrific sense of humor. When we got to PHS, we didn't have any classes together, and would just greet each other in the hall. But we never forgot our friendship from 9th grade, and alluded to it in our yearbook inscriptions. I can't think of the Viet Nam war, without thinking of Rich. So, here's to you Rich....we'll remember you on our 40th reunion party with a smile on our faces - like we remember you! I do hope Mr. Mac comes to our celebration. I had him for 12th grade English (or American, as he insisted it be called). When my older son went to NBHS from 1992 - 1996, he had Mr. Mac for German for 4 years. He loved his humour, intellect and his raw patriotism, as we did. When Dennis & I went to NBHS for parent orientation - Mr. Mac was excited, and made sure Mr. Donahue and Mr. DiMugno knew we were there. It was great to see some of our Pulaski teachers still at it. Hope to see my old friends at the reunion, and also the classmates I didn't know - we all have a lot in common - especially now. Janet (Weed) Boutin

1 comment:

Ro Faiola Reeder said...

Janet,
Sharing your memories of Rich and Mr. Mac has reawakened some of my own. How fortunate you are to have had Mr. Mac teach your son. Opening up your memories on this page is a generous gift, both to those of us still here and to those who are not.
Ro