Sunday, June 29, 2008

40th is over 45th is right around the corner

What a great time had by all. We could not have asked for a better turn out. 105 classmates, 4 teachers and many spouses and guest for a total of over 150 attending. Seeing all your smiling faces, listening to all your wonderful comments let us know how much you all appreciated the hard work and effort that went into our 40th reunion. We were pleased that everyone was happy with the decision to have a PICNIC. Hearing many of you say you prefer a picnic over a more formal event really pleased us. We know we can not please everyone, however I feel we came close to succeeding with this event. I was concerned that an event lasting 8 hours would have some classmates getting bored and leave early, just the opposite happened. We needed more time, I did not get to talk to everyone as I had hoped but I made a great effort trying. The last 20 or so of us didn't want to leave, next time we will have to continue the party elsewhere. We'll leave that thought for another time.
How about those desserts, what a great idea Judi had to have take home containers for everyone. I was able to munch on my way home to Long Island, rethinking the event with every bite as more calories entered my body. Oh well, the diet will start tomorrow.
How about all of our classmates that traveled so far to attend including Alaska, New Mexico, California, Florida, Arizona and Kansas to name a few. If that doesn't say PULASKI'S SPIRIT OF 68 LIVES ON, nothing does. I applaud all of you.
I want to thank Judi, Nancy, and Linda for their part in getting this off the ground. I may have had contact with most of you, however I could not have done it without their help. We are a team that will continue as long as our classmates continue to respond and attend our future events. Now I may need your help to convince the 3 of them to do it all over again in 5 years.
I also would not have had the success in finding as many classmates as we did without the help from many of you, especially my deputies, Cliff and Phil. As long as I continue as their CHIEF we will not rest until the 13 missing have been found.
Lisa Dowling a big Thank You for your flower donations, it added just what the picnic tables needed. CLASS from the Class of 68.
Lastly, a big thank you to Ro Faiola for her continued work on the blog. We all missed you more than you can imagine.
Please post your comments on OUR blog, let's keep this going well past our 50th.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just would like to say a big THANKS to you gals for all your efforts. I know you put alot of time into the reunion and it really paid off. I am so happy you found me so I could go. For 8 hours yesterday time sort of stood still and I was reminded of a time when we really were the class who would change things. I guess you do have a special bond when after 30 years you really pick up and communicate like it was onlt last week. I see you are planning a 45! Count me in-Gary Youmans GNY@aol.com

janet weed boutin said...

Wow! It was the best reunion we have ever been to (3 of Dennis', and 3 of mine). Having a picnic environment was so instrumental in keeping everyone socializing and feeling like part of a big family. My goal was to talk to people from our class that I didn't know in high school - mission accomplished. If it wasn't for our FABULOUS reunion committee - this whole wonderful day wouldn't have happened. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK - and definiely looking forward to the 45th. My wish for everyone to stay safe and healthy goes out to each of you.

Anonymous said...

Sue (Willett) Piascik said:

What a great reunion.....!!!!! You, Judi, Nancy and your deputies did a Fantastic Job...You guys are stuck with this job forever because you guys will be a hard act (if not impossible, to follow)...I don't think I shut my mouth from the moment I got out of my car ( hardly ate anything because I was afraid I'd choke trying to eat and talk at the same time)...... that aspect of my personality has never changed...it was so wonderful to connect with so many classmates, even ones I didn't know so well in HS...many of us go way back to elementary school....I am so glad that Cliff Cayer had a copy of the essays for me, since I could not access it...some of our classmates have led extraordinary lives,taking them to places that I can't even imagine...my only travel was vacationing...after reading some of the essays and jotting down e-mail addresses that were made available to us, I plan on contacting some of these people ....Again, a big heartfelt thank you to the entire PHS planning committee....The Picnic idea was great and I'm sure most agree even if they were skeptical at first...I am grateful that I didn't have to do the dreaded shopping for more formal attire( and worry if my ass "looked fat") and have to hold my stomach in ...I am still trying to master the "getting old" gracefully....my sons remind me every birthday how old I am..(like, I'm not aware of it?)....so I'm bracing myself for October when they will say "sooo, your'e 58 now.......but as life goes on, I am beginning to embrace each birthday as a blessing and not a curse.....can you post this for me, Patti or RoseAnn since I cannot figure out how to post on the blog...???...RoseAnn, thank you also for your hard work planning and caring for this blog, I didn't know you well in high school and was looking forward to meeting you...prayers and thoughts with you and your family....Ok, for now, God Bless you all and will be looking forward to seeing all of you and maybe more will be able to attend...I signed the sheet for sharing email...Nursey70@hotmail.com....hope to hear from some of you....Sue (Willett) Piascik

June 30, 2008 10:22 AM